Outlook Mail Client Configuration
Add Your mail Account to Outlook
Now you’re ready to add your mail account to Outlook. If this is the first time you’ve run Outlook , you’ll be greeted with the following screen. Click Next to proceed with setup.
Then select Yes and click Next again.
If you’ve already got an email account setup in Outlook, you can add a new account by clickingFile and then selecting Add account.
Select Manual setup or additional server types and click Next.
Select POP or IMAP and click Next.
Fill in your account details (see the screenshot below if you need help with this).
- Your Name: your name as you wish it to appear on your outgoing email messages
- E-mail Address: your email address
- Account Type: select either POP or IMAP from the dropdown list
- Incoming mail server: mail.<your domain name>
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): mail.<your domain name>
- User name: your email account
- Password: your email account password
Before clicking Next please click More Settings and make sure that the settings are the ones as shown in the next steps.
In the General tab, enter your name and a reply email address. Usually, this is the same as your email address.
Click the Outgoing Server tab and select the option: My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
Click the Advanced tab. Select TLS for both incoming and outgoing servers and check that the port numbers are set to 143 (for IMAP) or 110 (for POP) and 25 for SMTP.
Click OK and then click Next.
Outlook will now test the settings you've entered. Click Close when it's finished and then Next.
Congratulations, the following window should appear, click Finish to end the wizard.